NHBC registrations dip but industry remains "upbeat"

Oct. 29, 2015
<p>The number of private sector new homes registered with NHBC in the third quarter of the year was marginally below the same period 12 months ago according to statistics released today. But overall registrations for the year remain higher than 2014 as the industry “remains upbeat”.</p> <p>In all there were 28,527 private registrations in the period compared to 28,906 a year ago. But public sector registrations were 4% down in the period, which NHBC says may be down to housing associations holding back on starting new developments in light of the rent cut and welfare reforms.</p> <p>Overall registrations, therefore, stood at 36,219 in Q3 compared to 36,955 a year ago. Despite this, registrations for the nine months up to September are 9% higher than this time last year at 117,525, continuing an overall upwards trend.</p> <p>Looking ahead, NHBC ceo Mike Quinton said that the October figure is expected to beat last year’s total, although within that public registrations again look set to be down as the government changes on affordable housing continue to bite. But private registrations are expected to make up for that drop, so the overall outlook for the year shows that “the industry is doing well”.</p> <p>“Our …

Continue reading

To continue reading this article please login or register.

Login

Forgot your password?

Register for free

Quick and free registration

Register