McStone sees lower Covid impact in schemes

June 2, 2020
<p><span>McCarthy &amp; Stone has seen a “lower impact” of Covid-19 within its retirement communities than the wider over-65 population, it said today (June 2).</span><span></span></p> <p><span>Giving a business update, the retirement housebuilder explained that the “decisive actions” it took from mid-March onwards to ensure the safety and wellbeing of its </span><span>home owners</span><span> and </span><span>​</span><span>staff had led to fewer cases of the virus within its 441 retirement schemes compared to the general population of the over 65s, </span><span>as well as the setup of its communities.</span></p> <p><span>“The unique nature of its communities, which provide independent living in private apartments with a tailored level of care and support, means the group’s home owners have been safer and more supported than if they had been living alone during this period,” the company stated.</span></p> <p><span>McStone also announced that it would restart its build activities and reopen sales suites from June 8, taking “a gradual and measured approach to re-mobilisation”.</span></p> <p><span>With its customers being more vulnerable to the virus given their age, the firm said it had undertaken “a full and detailed review” of its sales and construction processes, developing new guidelines and protocols “to meet and enhance the government’s guidelines”.</span></p> <p><span>The business will firstly reopen sites …

Continue reading

To continue reading this article please login or register.

Login

Forgot your password?

Register for free

Quick and free registration

Register