Mark Knight leaves Gleeson Homes as business tackles challenges

July 4, 2025

Mark Knight, chief executive of Gleeson Homes, has left the business as Gleeson’s housebuilding arm reorganises itself in the face of commercial delivery issues and gross margin pressures.

Knight joined Gleeson in 2019, becoming ceo of the Homes division in 2022. Simon Topliss, previously Gleeson Homes’ finance director, has now been appointed to the new role of chief operating officer. He will assume responsibility for the division’s central functions, reporting to group ceo Graham Prothero.

While Andy Davies will continue to run the Northern homes division, Scott Stothard, previously Vistry’s divisional chair, will head the Central division.

Fiona Goldsmith, Gleeson’s interim chair, has now become its chair. She was first appointed to the board in October 2019. Nicola Bruce, with the board since March 2023, is now senior independent director.

In a trading statement on its financial year ending June 30 2025, Gleeson said the managerial changes followed a review of the business which began last autumn. This came after Gleeson identified issues “around process and compliance with procedures within the business”, triggering cost overruns. Immediate measures “did not fully address these”.

The changes, Gleeson said, would shorten reporting lines, “empower the divisional leadership teams and strengthen …

Continue reading

To continue reading this article please login or register.

Login

Forgot your password?

Register for free

Quick and free registration

Register