Galliford Try and Miller reveal housing reservations boost

Sept. 10, 2009
<p>Miller Homes has seen a 45% year on year increase in reservations to the end of August, well ahead of target the firms says.</p> <br><p>Reservations for the period stood at 1,773 compared to 1,221 last year. The firm is also seeing house prices stabilising and cancellation rates returning to historic levels of 15% from 31% last year.</p> <br><p>Galliford Try - which owns Linden, Midas, Stamford and Gerald Wood Homes - is also seeing a positive market with sales in the first two months of the new financial year, July and August, exceeding forecast.</p> <br><p>GT ceo Greg Fitzgerald said: "We are encouraged by the continuation of the improvement in the housing market over the summer. We now plan to recommence our growth strategy in housebuilding." </p> <br><p> </p>

Continue reading

To continue reading this article please login or register.

Login

Forgot your password?

Register for free

Quick and free registration

Register