Barratt's completions "significantly" down

July 6, 2020
<p><span>Coronavirus has “significantly” reduced Barratt’s volumes this year, it said today</span><span> (</span><span>July 6), with completions</span><span> </span><span>falling almost 30%</span><span>.</span></p> <p><span>Issuing an update on its year ending June 30 2020 ahead of publishing its results on September 2, the volume housebuilder said it achieved 12,604 completion volumes against 17,856 the previous year.</span><span></span></p> <p><span>At the same time, the firm has seen “high customer interest levels” since reopening its sales centres. During the last six weeks, its net private reservations per active outlet per average week has been </span><span>0.63 compared to 2019’s 0.69.</span><span></span></p> <p><span>Its sales rate for the full year was 0.60 net private reservations per active outlet</span><span> per week (2019: 0.70).</span><span></span></p> <p><span>Pricing was “resilient” throughout the year, with the private average selling price of homes slightly down at £311,000 against 2019’s £312,000.</span><span></span></p> <p><span>During the period, the business operated from an average of 366 (2019: 379) active outlets</span><span>.</span><span></span></p> <p><span>Its “strong” forward order book stood at a value of £3,249.7 million as of June 30 2020 (June 30 2019: £2,604.1 million)</span><span>, equating to 14,326 homes against last year’s 11,419 homes.</span><span></span></p> <p><span>Barratt also said it faced future costs of around </span><span>£70 million to remediate several buildings, including its Citiscape scheme in Croydon, which, following the removal …

Continue reading

To continue reading this article please login or register.

Login

Forgot your password?

Register for free

Quick and free registration

Register