HOUSEBUILDER AWARDS 2020 - NEW ENTRY INFORMATION - PLEASE READ
In light of the uncertainty
surrounding the coronavirus crisis and in line with the majority of people’s
current working situation, Housebuilder Media has taken several measures to
make the entry process for the Housebuilder Awards simpler. By postponing
the deadline by a month to June 1st and allowing all entries to be
emailed to us this year, we encourage everyone to take this opportunity and put
forward their best examples of housebuilding excellence.
CALL FOR ENTRIES - ENTRY DEADLINE POSTPONED TO JUNE 1st 2020
Now in their 16th year, The Housebuilder Awards are open for entries.
The Housebuilder Awards are the industry’s own awards, brought to you in association with the HBF and NHBC.
Success in these prestigious awards will enhance the reputation of your firm in the eyes of your customers, the government, Homes England and local authorities. When this crisis is over, the government will once again be urging the industry not only to build more but to build better. So tangible demonstrations of housebuilding excellence and quality are more important than ever for the advancement of your business. A Housebuilder Award provides that.
Entry is FREE for all categories which cover all aspects of the industry including design, customer satisfaction, community engagement, sustainability, marketing, regeneration, retirement homes, subcontractors and training and recruitment. There is also The Housebuilder Star Award which rewards an unsung hero of the industry.
ENTRY DETAILS FOR 2020 ONLY
Deadline postponed to June 1st 2020
Completed entry form (can be completed electronically, saved and emailed) – download the entry form here
500 word submission (MAXIMUM 4 SIDES) to include testimonials and pictures
One high res image to be sent as a separate file.
All entries to be sent to email@example.com by 1 June 2020
Finalists and Ceremony
Finalists will be announced in July, along with the opportunity to book places at this year's Housebuilder Awards Ceremony. This black tie, glittering Ceremony takes place on 29 October at the O2 InterContinental London Hotel.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
HOUSEBUILDER AWARDS 2020 CATEGORIES
* please click on the below category to download the criteria
PRODUCT OF THE YEAR*
SMALL HOUSEBUILDER OF THE YEAR**
MEDIUM HOUSEBUILDER OF THE YEAR**
LARGE HOUSEBUILDER OF THE YEAR**
CATEGORIES 1-12 ARE AVAILABLE TO ENTER
*PRODUCT OF THE YEAR - all winners from the Housebuilder Product Awards 2020 will be entered into this category and it will not be open to separate entries
**HOUSEBUILDER OF THE YEAR - all entrants to categories 1-11 will be entered into the HOUSEBUILDER OF THE YEAR categories and these will not be open to separate entries.
HINTS AND TIPS FOR YOUR ENTRY
The judges want to see winning entries - it makes their lives easier. So to impress them you should:
• Ensure your entry looks good - make the effort to submit a great entry that is fit to win a Housebuilder Award
• Play to the rules - stick to the 500 word limit, include testimonials and pictures.
• Make sure the entry is well written - get the best writer in the office to explain why your entry should win, or have the entries created professionally by an agency
• Use images well - a pictures tells a thousand words and it is perfectly acceptable to include pictures in the main entry
• Read and meet the criteria - the criteria for each category can be found on the entry form so show the judges how your entry meets these standards
• Back up with testimonials - judges love endorsements from third parties
• Avoid submitting entries that are rehashed press releases or are clearly not bespoke entries to The Housebuilder Awards.
Housebuilder Awards 2020 Judges
Ben Roskrow, Publishing Director - Housebuilder Media
David Birkbeck, CEO - Design for Homes
Jenny Herdman, Director - Home Building Skills Partnership
Mark Gibney, Head of London Planning - Avison Young
Richard Jones, Head of Residential - Arcadis
David Bryant, Chairman - HBF Small Developers Group
Grainne Gilmore, Head of Research - Zoopla
Iain Painting, Partner - Barton Willmore
Sarah White, Residential Market Manager - British Gypsum
Ian Bott, Associate Director - PRP
John Slaughter, Director of External Affairs - HBF
John Tebbit, MD - Robust Details
Keira Proctor, MD - A Proctor Group
WhereInterContinental London - The O2
1 Waterview Drive