Housebuilder Product Awards 2022
OPEN FOR ENTRIES
Entry deadline – 18 February 2022
The Housebuilder Product Awards 2022 are open for entries. Now in their tenth year, these Awards were successfully launched in 2013 by Housebuilder Media to reward excellence for products and systems which aid new home development in the UK.
The Housebuilder Product Awards are supported by HBF and NHBC, with judges from organisations including CPA, HBF, NHBC and leading housebuilders.
Winning a Housebuilder Product Award could give you or your client an edge in a market that is ever more competitive and will generate invaluable publicity and exposure. The Awards and the winners will of course be publicised in Housebuilder magazine and through our email news alerts, promoting them widely among the UK housebuilding market.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
All entries are to be received
electronically and emailed to email@example.com
by Friday 18 February
Payments are to be processed before entries are emailed, once payment has been processed you will receive the entry form to the email address supplied with payment. The entry form is to be completed and sent in with your entry.
Your entry must include the following:
• Payment of £145+VAT per entry (processed by credit card below)
• Completed entry form (this will be emailed to you once payment has been processed below)
• *500 word submission on a maximum of four sides A4 size including images and third party testimonials where appropriate. In either pdf or Microsoft word format.
• One digital high res jpeg image of product - to be used in future marketing if your entry is successful.
We recommend that you also include:
· A web browser link such as Youtube or Vimeo demonstrating your product, please also send us the password if it’s password protected
*What should the 500 word submission include:
The 500 word submission should contain the following:
• Name of product
• Date the product was/will be introduced to the market
• Any certification the product has achieved/is hoping to achieve
• Price of product
• Potential market size of the product
• Details of the installation process (if applicable)
Also include how your product meets some or all of the
• Offers a solution to the challenges/regulations/ standards facing housebuilders
• Offers cost saving to the housebuilder or home owner
• Offers time saving to the housebuilder
• Improves the build quality
• Helps with the sales and marketing of new homes through improved specification or by aiding the house purchase process
• Helps make UK housebuilding a safer environment on site
• Helps make UK new homes a safer environment for occupants through home safety or home security
• Helps meet the sustainability challenges facing the industry
1. Best building fabric product
This category will focus on the fabric of the building including doors, windows, roofing and external walls
2. Best internal/interior product
This category will focus on all internal/interior features of a home
3. Best services product
This category will focus on the services side of a development looking at products which aid heating, hot water or ventilation, including renewables
4. Best kitchens and bathrooms product
This category will focus on products used in the kitchens and bathrooms of new homes
5. Best external product
This category is aimed at products which focus on the external area of a new development and includes products developed for landscaping, gardens and driveways. This category also incorporates below ground drainage.
6. Best site product
This category is aimed at products which focus on the building process itself helping in the on-site construction and delivery of new homes
7. Best health and safety product
This category is aimed at products or systems designed to improve health and safety on site or in the home
8. Best business product
This category is for products or systems designed to aid the business side of the housebuilding process such as IT, finance, office systems or customer care systems
9. Best brand new product
This category is open to products which are brand new to the industry. Products may enter which have not yet been used on site but must display its credentials in how it plans to aid new home development
In all categories – apart from category 9 BEST BRAND NEW PRODUCT – products must currently be used onsite or in new homes construction in the UK.
In category 9 BEST BRAND NEW PRODUCT – entries are for products recently developed but which either have not yet been used on site or used on prototype or demonstration projects.
The judges retain the right to allocate
any entries to an alternative category if they deem it more appropriate and to
use their discretion over product timescales and age. Products may be entered in to more than
Please provide separate entries for each category and product entered
Housebuilder Product Awards 2022
Purchase your awards entries using the form below. Payments are to be processed before entries are emailed, once payment has been processed you will receive the entry form to the email address supplied with payment. The entry form is to be completed and sent in with your entry
|Best building fabric product||£174.00 (£145.00 excl. VAT)|
|Best internal/interior product||£174.00 (£145.00 excl. VAT)|
|Best services product||£174.00 (£145.00 excl. VAT)|
|Best kitchens and bathrooms product||£174.00 (£145.00 excl. VAT)|
|Best external product||£174.00 (£145.00 excl. VAT)|
|Best site product||£174.00 (£145.00 excl. VAT)|
|Best health and safety product||£174.00 (£145.00 excl. VAT)|
|Best business product||£174.00 (£145.00 excl. VAT)|
|Best brand new product||£174.00 (£145.00 excl. VAT)|
|Please ring 020 7960 1646 if you are unsure whether your company has HBF membership|
Hints & Tips
The judges want to see winning entries - it makes their lives easier. So to impress them you should:
• Ensure your entry looks good - make the effort to submit a great entry that is fit to win a Housebuilder Product Award
• Play to the rules - stick to the 500 word limit
• Include good quality colour images - this is what the judges will see first when assessing your entry
• Make sure the entry is well written - get the best writer in the office to explain why your entry should win, or have the entries created professionally by an agency
• Use images well - a pictures tells a thousand words and it is perfectly acceptable to include pictures in the main entry
• Read and meet the criteria - the criteria for each category can be found above so show the judges how your entry meets these standards
• Back up with testimonials - judges love endorsements from third parties, the best of these should be with your main entry and can be additional to your 500 words
• Include back-up information - More information can be submitted as back up - but it may be worth briefly mentioning within the main entry what support material is available. If supplying a video link we recommend keeping the video to under 5 minutes.
• Avoid submitting entries that are rehashed press releases or are clearly not bespoke entries to The Housebuilder Product Awards
Following the entry deadline of Friday 18 February, a panel of expert judges from the housebuilding industry will meet to assess all entries and select the best from each category.
The winners will be announced in Spring 2022. All winners will be invited to a celebratory lunch in London.
The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The winner from each category will be a
finalist at the Housebuilder Awards 2022 in the Product of the Year category.
Current Housebuilder Product Awards Judges
A panel of expert judges from the housebuilding industry will meet to assess all entries and select the best from each category.
Peter L. Caplehorn, Deputy Chief Executive & Policy Director - Construction Products Association
David Dodge, Development Director - William Davis
Richard Lankshear, Innovation Manager - NHBC
Dale Saunders, UK Associate Technical Director - Taylor Wimpey
Kieran Walker, Technical Director - HBF