CALL FOR ENTRIES
Housebuilder Product Awards 2020
ENTER YOUR PRODUCT NOW - DEADLINE EXTENDED 21 FEBRUARY 2020
Now in their eighth year, these Awards were successfully launched in 2013 by Housebuilder Media to reward excellence in the products and systems used in UK housebuilding.
The Housebuilder Product Awards are supported by HBF and NHBC, with judges from organisations including CPA, BBA, and leading housebuilders.
Winning a Housebuilder Product Award could give you or your client an edge in a market that is ever more competitive and will generate invaluable publicity and exposure. The Awards and the winners will of course be publicised in Housebuilder magazine and through our email news alerts, promoting them widely among the UK housebuilding market.
Winners will be announced in the Spring and each of the category winners will be invited to attend a celebratory lunch in London, in June - details to be announced soon.
Download the entry form here.. and enter by 21 FEBRUARY.
WINNERS - the winner from each category will be a finalist at the Housebuilder Awards 2020, a prestigious black tie evening event attended by over 600 senior housebuilding professionals, on Thursday 29 October 2020 at the InterContinental London - the O2.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
1. Best building fabric product
This category will focus on the fabric of the building including doors, windows, roofing and external walls
2. Best internal/interior product
This category will focus on all internal/interior features of a home
3. Best services product
This category will focus on the services side of a development looking at products which aid heating, hot water or ventilation, including renewables
4. Best kitchens and bathrooms product
This category will focus on products used in the kitchens and bathrooms of new homes
5. Best external product
This category is aimed at products which focus on the external area of a new development and includes products developed for landscaping, gardens and driveways. This category also incorporates below ground drainage.
6. Best site product
This category is aimed at products which focus on the building process itself helping in the on-site construction and delivery of new homes
7. Best health and safety product
This category is aimed at products or systems designed to improve health and safety on site or in the home
8. Best business product
This category is for products or systems designed to aid the business side of the housebuilding process such as IT, finance, office systems or customer care systems
9. Best brand new product
This category is open to products which are brand new to the industry. Products may enter which have not yet been used on site but must display its credentials in how it plans to aid new home development
In all categories - apart from category 9 Best brand new product - products must currently be used on site or in new homes construction in the UK.
In category 9 Best brand new product - entries are for products recently developed but which either have not yet been used on site or used on prototype or demonstration projects.
The judges retain the right to allocate any entries to an alternative category if they deem it more appropriate and to use their discretion over product timescales and age.
Products may be entered in more than one category.
Please provide separate entries for each category entered.
Hints & Tips
The judges want to see winning entries - it makes their lives easier. So to impress them you should:
• Ensure your entry looks good - make the effort to submit a great entry that is fit to win a Housebuilder Product Award
• Play to the rules - stick to the 500 word limit, 4 sides of A4 paper, staple don't bind the paper together
• Make ten copies of the main entry - these are sent to the judges before the panels meet, so make a good impression
• Include good quality colour images in these copied entries - this is what the judges will see first when assessing your entry
• Make sure the entry is well written - get the best writer in the office to explain why your entry should win, or have the entries created professionally by an agency
• Use images well - a pictures tells a thousand words and it is perfectly acceptable to include pictures in the main entry
• Read and meet the criteria - the criteria for each category can be found on the entry form so show the judges how your entry meets these standards
• Back up with testimonials - judges love endorsements from third parties, the best of these should be with your main entry and can be additional to your 500 words
• Include back-up information - More information can be submitted as back up - but it may be worth briefly mentioning within the main entry what support material is available
• Avoid submitting entries that are rehashed press releases or are clearly not bespoke entries to The Housebuilder Product Awards
Following the entry deadline of 14 February, a panel of expert judges from the housebuilding industry will meet to assess all entries and select the best from each category.
Peter L. Caplehorn, Deputy Chief Executive & Policy Director - Construction Products Association
Dale Saunders, UK Associate Technical Director - Taylor Wimpey
Steve Wielebski, Consultant - W.A Consultancy
Michael Black, UK Head of Housing Development - WElink Group
Glynnis Poole, Planning and Technical Director - LiveWest
Steve Evans, Head of Technical Operations - NHBC
Alvaro Enguita - Gonzalez, Director of Commercial Development - BBA